How long should I charge the battery for?
*WARNING*: Do not overcharge batteries! If they overheat, you could cause damage to the battery and create a potential fire hazard!
- Be sure to read the charger instructions thoroughly before charging your battery.
- Not all chargers are created equal. Please use the proper charger which is intended for your battery type, i.e. if you are charging a 9.6V Nimh battery, be sure your charger can charge 9.6V batteries and Nimh batteries.
- Be sure to use the proper connectors to connect your battery to the charger.
- Calculate the proper amount of time required to charge a battery by dividing the battery's milliamp capacity by the chargers charge rate, e.g. it would take a 250 mah rate charger 6 hours to charge a completely drained 1500 mah battery. Every charger is different, so be certain to read your chargers manual thoroughly before charging your battery.
- If you are not certain of a battery's remaining charge and you wish to charge it, place the battery on the charger and check it every 5-10 minutes. If the battery is warm to the touch, assume it is fully charged. If it is hot to the touch, remove the battery from the charger immediately!
- Remember, NiCad batteries must be completely discharged before charging again. Use the appropriate discharger to discharge the battery, or completely drain the battery through normal use before charging again.